Open House Tips
- A comprehensive list of open houses can be found at www.openhousevictoria.ca
- If you go to open houses, identify yourself to the person hosting the open house as a client of ours. TIP: You can ask your primary agent for some of their business cards to hand out at open houses.
- The agent working the open house will either be an agent of the seller, or they may be there to meet potential buyers.
- In either case, it’s best to keep your personal information to yourself because anything the seller’s agent learns about you, they can share with the seller. Usually, some information is ok, but we would never want this to compromise your negotiating position if you plan to make an offer.
- You will be welcome to view the home and property and they will answer any questions you may have
- If the home is of interest, phone or page your primary agent, and they can gather more information for you or prepare an offer on your behalf
- Do not feel pressured by anyone to write an offer on the spot because the property will sell
- If it is a popular listing, get a hold of your lead agent or the admin team right away as we may encounter a multiple offer situation where you will be better represented by your own agent